Shimba Hills National Park is a national park in Kenya, located about 30 kilometers (19 mi) south of Mombasa. The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including lions, elephants, leopards, cheetahs, giraffes, zebras, and rhinos. The park is also home to a number of different bird species, including eagles, hawks, and owls.
Shimba Hills National Park was founded in 1948, and it is one of the oldest national parks in Kenya. The park is named after the Shimba Hills, which are a range of hills that rise up to 1,230 meters (4,035 ft) above sea level. The hills provide a unique habitat for the wildlife in the park, and they offer stunning views of the surrounding area.
The best time to visit Shimba Hills National Park is during the dry season, which is from June to October. The park can be visited year-round, but it is important to be aware of the weather conditions. The weather can change quickly in the park, and it is important to be prepared for all conditions.
There are a number of different things to do in Shimba Hills National Park, including:
- Game drives: Game drives are the most popular way to see the wildlife in the park. You’ll drive through the park in an open-topped vehicle, giving you the best possible view of the animals.
- Hiking: There are a number of different hiking trails in the park, ranging from easy to challenging.
- Bird watching: The park is home to a number of different bird species, making it a great destination for bird watchers.
- Camping: There are a number of different campsites in the park, where you can camp under the stars.
Shimba Hills National Park is a beautiful and diverse park. It is a great place to experience the beauty of Africa and the wildlife that calls the park home.
Here are some of the unique features of the park:
- The park is home to a number of endangered species, including the black rhinoceros and the Grevy’s zebra.
- The park is located in a unique ecosystem, and it is home to a variety of different plant and animal species.
- The park is committed to conservation, and it is working to protect the wildlife and the environment.
If you are looking for a unique and unforgettable safari experience, Shimba Hills National Park is the perfect destination.